Product Manager: Venn Platform
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users use Venn to better understand how to better meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
We’re looking for a dedicated product manager to accelerate our customer understanding, spec out features, and help define Venn’s direction. We are customer-focused, engineering-driven, and deeply analytical - if you are too, we’d love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Interacting with clients to understand their needs, and communicating your insights back to your team.
- Analyzing product performance and user behavior to understand what’s working, identify what’s not, and suggest ways we can improve.
- Working with engineers, designers, quantitative researchers, and business partners to define features that meet user goals and business goals. Then implement feature ideas at high quality.
- Collaborating with marketing, customer success, and other partner teams to successfully launch your features.
- Prioritizing and setting Venn's roadmap.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience: BS/BA required with minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 1 - 10 year(s) as a product manager having worked directly with frontend engineers, backend engineers, and designers.
- Quantitative thinking: Think in distributions, decompositions, and correlations and are clearly able to communicate in these terms.
- User-centric approach: Empathizing with individual users, but also at stepping back to think about what will be best for the whole userbase - now and in the future.
- Organization: Know where you want things to go, prioritize and stay on top of the details to make sure you and your team get there.
- Creativity: Come up with simple, effective solutions to complicated problems. You can do this for UX/UI issues, data issues, and process issues.
- Collaborative nature: An excellent partner for your eng and design teammates, but you also have a history of building strong relationships outside of your team with technical and non-technical partners. You are polished in B2B customer interactions.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.