Product Manager, Venn
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users use Venn to better understand how to better meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
We’re looking for a talented product manager to accelerate our customer understanding, spec out features, and help define Venn’s direction. We are customer-obsessed, engineering-driven, and deeply analytical - if you are too, we’d love to meet you!
- Experienced. You have worked directly with frontend engineers, backend engineers, and designers, as a product manager, for at least 2 years.
- A quantitative thinker. You think in distributions, decompositions, and correlations and are clearly able to communicate in these terms.
- User-centric. You are great at empathizing with individual users, but also at stepping back to think about what will be best for the whole userbase - now and in the future.
- Organized. You know where you want things to go, and you stay on top of the details to make sure you and your team get there.
- Creative. You come up with simple, effective solutions to complicated problems. You can do this for UX/UI issues, data issues, and process issues.
- Willing to get into the details. Ideas are great, but execution and grit trump all.
- Collaborative. You are an excellent partner for your eng and design teammates, but you also have a history of building strong relationships outside of your team with technical and non-technical stakeholders. You are polished in B2B customer interactions.
- Intellectually curious. While experience in finance is a plus, it’s much more important that you love to learn and absorb new topics quickly.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Interacting with clients to understand their needs, and communicating your insights back to your team.
- Analyzing product performance and user behavior to understand what’s working, identify what’s not, and suggest ways we can improve.
- Working with engineers, designers, quantitative researchers, and business partners to define features that meet user goals and business goals.
- Partnering with engineers, designers, and QA to implement your feature ideas at high quality.
- Collaborating with marketing, customer success, and other partner teams to successfully launch your features.
- Prioritizing and setting Venn's roadmap.