Product Specialist - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a next-generation analytics tool for university endowments, pension funds, nonprofits, and other institutional investors. Our users leverage Venn to better understand how to better meet their long-term goals via smarter strategic investments. Our team combines Two Sigma’s quantitative finance expertise with groundbreaking data visualization in a modern web app.
Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/.
The Product Specialist acts as an enthusiastic ambassador for Venn to deliver product and factor-based education and insights, making the product more digestible by tying Venn to the outside world and events.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create thought leadership, investment research FAQs, and other technical marketing collateral
- Assist with client demos and presentations with some of the world’s leading CIOs and analysts, capably representing the technical analyses offered by the product and Two Sigma’s systematic investment approach
- Responsible for creating customized, example analyses to showcase the functionality of Venn and unique insights to be gleaned from the product for a range of investors using Venn to analyze their investment portfolios
- Serve as a bridge between Venn and Client Solutions Research to communicate complex factor analyses and research concepts to users with ease and simplicity
- Play a key role in the formation of the research roadmap, consulting on research and QSE projects, and QA’ing and testing research-related features before general release
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or quantitative discipline
- 2-5 years of experience at an asset manager (ideally at a quantitative factor-based asset manager)
- Progress toward the CFA designation is a plus
- Interested in a mix of quantitative investing, factors, and technology
- Strong analytical skills
- Communicates with maturity, credibility and clarity
- Basic knowledge of Python preferred; proficiency in Excel required
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
- Highest level of integrity and character
- Creative, resourceful, and driven
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.