Program Coordinator, Engineering Education (Contract)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Engineering Education provides training and documentation programs that support the productivity and ongoing technical and intellectual development of over 840 Two Sigma engineers. Our goal is to foster an inclusive environment of continuous learning, where engineers have access to the content and resources they need to be endlessly curious and maximally effective.
As a member of the Engineering Education team, you will play a key role in supporting programs that help engineers gain technological skills and feel more engaged. You will ensure that Two Sigma employees enjoy a sense of being a part of a vibrant community of learners. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of various learning events including classes, lectures, and onboarding programs. As the first point of contact for internal attendees as well as external speakers, you will help foster an inclusive culture. Your role is instrumental in promoting technical knowledge and career growth, especially within the Engineering organization. You will work with teams across the firm to facilitate multiple training programs and prepare content, oversee the learning management system, upload and update training materials, track metrics, confirm logistics, and prepare reports as needed.
You will coordinate documentation reviews and update search results that help engineers quickly find the answers they need to do their jobs. If technical communication is an area of interest for you, you will have the opportunity to develop skills and receive mentorship from experienced technical writers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule review meetings, dry runs, talks, and events.
- Manage class administration including:
- Schedule and follow up with instructors
- Register students and record attendance
- Provide data for metrics reporting.
- Collect and analyze class survey feedback; distribute to instructors
- Update wikis and communications such as new class announcements
- Coordinate events: order food, advertise special events internally.
- Supervise classroom or online meeting logistics: reserve rooms or schedule Live online events through JIRA and Outlook in cooperation with Workplace Services. Conduct room checks, provide tech support in partnership with Comets team, arrange for recordings.
- Manage communications with instructors and students.
- Administer allocation of online learning licences including Pluralsight, O’Reilly, Codecademy, Coursera, etc.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years experience in event management, educational administration, or technical writing
- Impeccable attention to detail and an ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- A professional interest or passion for continuous learning and technology, and for creating an extraordinary employee experience
- Exhibits an ability to build and maintain relationships with employees and management across all levels and functions in an organization. Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated sense of organizational skills, ownership, and responsibility; work well as a member of a small team
- Demonstrate sound judgment skills - ability to context switch, prioritize work, and manage up
- Familiarity with GSuite, Cornerstone, Qualtrics, JIRA, Microsoft Outlook, and Confluence Wiki a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics