Program Manager - Engineering Education
New York, New York, United States
Engineering Education is responsible for technical training and documentation across Two Sigma's Engineering organization. We are a small team, but we have a broad mandate: to deliver programs, processes and materials that foster a deep understanding of Two Sigma's technical platforms and practices among employees.
We are looking for a seasoned Program Manager to oversee the operation and expansion of our engineering curriculum. Working with the Head of Engineering Education, the successful candidate will play a hands-on role in building and running dozens of classes (over 150 sessions per year), fostering participation in self-guided learning programs, and ensuring that Two Sigma engineers have access to tools and opportunities that promote career-long technical learning and growth.
- Work with managers and employees to identify technical learning needs; develop recommendations for internal courses, self-guided learning paths and external training opportunities.
- Oversee development of new classes and online learning paths: partner with subject matter experts to clarify class objectives and create materials; work with instructors to ensure exceptional delivery. Apply similar approaches to refine and improve existing offerings.
- Manage all technical training logistics, from registration to post-class feedback-gathering. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company to streamline and federate processes wherever possible.
- Ensure offerings are well-publicized and play an active role in promoting Engineering Education across the company. Serve as the primary point of contact for students, instructors and course owners.
- Develop metrics and reports for managers and senior leaders; create and execute processes for tracking program utilization, measuring engagement, and soliciting manager and employee feedback and suggestions.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale training programs in an engineering or IT organization. Familiarity with software development practices and methodologies is a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and an eagerness to help others.
- Strong organizational abilities and a flair for creating and streamlining processes.
- Willingness to play a hands-on role in managing day-to-day program logistics.
- Expertise in creating and editing technical course materials for software developers and others.