Project Manager, Systems Infrastructure
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This Project Manager will work within our infrastructure and developer operations organizations to manage delivery of large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects. The majority of our projects are customer facing and impact both engineering and non-engineering customers alike. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working in infrastructure technology groups with exposure to Linux, Cloud Computing, Windows, Networks, Data Centers, and DevOps for enterprise class services.
- Demonstrated history of leadership and success in managing large complex technical projects within deep engineering organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences.
- Cross team collaboration and relationship building, including: creating consensus and buy-in, negotiating and resolving conflicts when necessary with minimal escalation.
- Ability to seamlessly context switch and effectively manage across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to scope projects, define requirements, measures of success, key dependencies, and align prioritization with strategic goals and objectives.
- Ability to practice risk management, engage key risk stakeholders, and effectively escalate issues that create business, technical, operational, and project risk.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong judgement and decision making skills; ability to re-prioritize, adjust and course correct as necessary .
- Participate in, and contribute to, company-wide project management efforts.
- Degree: BA/BS (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science)
- 5-7 years of project management experience in an infrastructure environment
- Highly Proficient in productivity (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Docs) and collaboration tools (Confluence, Wiki, Jira, etc.)
- PMP certified
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts, standards, best practices.