Qualitative Portfolio Management Analyst
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a research-minded analyst to join our Qualitative Portfolio Management team. This small, flexible team derives process-driven, qualitative insights about economic and market themes to explain historical performance, understand market positioning, and offer actionable intelligence for Two Sigma portfolio management and modeling groups.
Analysts tackle wide-ranging research projects regarding market trends and fund performance. They generate regular reports connecting market drivers to realized portfolio performance, and drive insights used in internal research as well as in external conversations with our clients. Analysts will gain extensive exposure to the portfolio research process, interact with existing tools and infrastructure, as well as develop their own tools. Analysts actively learn about the multi-asset investment approach and process, and collaborate with internal and external parties alike to share insights and ideas that will drive/create opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Pursuing wide-ranging research and analyzing data to improve understanding of market trends and fund performance.
- Generating regular reports that link market trends to fund performance.
- Developing tools to improve market monitoring and portfolio analysis.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of asset classes, regions, and industries across the multi-asset investment platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with a proven track record of success.
- Exposure to and interest in economics or finance preferred, either in an academic or industry setting.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a quantitative analyst role ideally.
- Some coding experience in either Python / Matlab / R is preferred.