Quantitative Portfolio Researcher
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking quantitatively-minded individuals to join our Client-Oriented Research team. This small, flexible team applies Two Sigma’s data and research expertise to portfolio management problems facing institutional clients. Ideal candidates should be creative researchers who want to draw upon the latest academic research and internal insights to build scalable solutions for manager evaluation, portfolio construction, risk management, and more across the entire range of institutional portfolio assets.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Interact with existing tools and infrastructure, as well as develop their own tools
- Seek a greater understanding of the key problems facing institutional portfolio managers
- Collaborate with internal and external parties alike to share insights and ideas that will drive/create opportunities
- Produce research that will end up broadly visible and applied at scale, via white papers, client advisory, and user-friendly technology platforms.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- External presentation skills (one-on-one with clients or larger institutional audiences)
- An advanced degree in quantitative disciplines is preferred
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, or another language useful for data analysis
- Solid statistical knowledge and familiarity with packages such as Numpy and Pandas
- Broad familiarity with academic finance literature strongly preferred
- Experience at an asset manager or allocator is a plus (NOT a necessity)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics