Quantitative Research Associate - Full-Time Campus Hire
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking equally empirical and imaginative thinkers to join our team. Scientists in the truest sense, our quantitative research associates navigate the full research process. You will explore a breadth of challenges, in pursuit of a mission that entails:
- Developing trading strategies, from idea generation and data collection to analysis and model creation;
- Applying quantitative techniques and market intuition to large, often novel or unconventional, datasets and cultivate areas of expertise along the way;
- Advancing existing initiatives and opening opportunities to pursue new, previously unexplored research topics.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other technical and quantitative disciplines from a top university.
- Intermediate programming skills (Java, C, or C++) & scripting languages (Perl, Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience tackling in-depth research projects.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, we will certainly consider exceptional candidates without a background in finance