Quantitative Research Associate
New York, New York, United States
At Two Sigma, we’re different from other investment firms. Founded by a statistician and a computer scientist, our approach is systematic and diversified. The global markets fuel our imagination with unlimited information to study, countless efficient ways to take action and meaningful opportunity to improve by iteration. We draw ideas and inspiration from the broader math, science, and investment communities.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
What you’ll do
As a quantitative researcher, you will:
- Use a rigorous scientific method to develop sophisticated investment models and shape our insights into how the markets will behave
- Apply quantitative techniques like machine learning to a vast array of datasets
- Create and test complex investment ideas and partner with our engineers to test your theories
All the while, you’ll remain engaged in the academic community. As examples, you can:
- Join our reading circles to stay up to date on the latest research papers in your fields
- Attend academic seminars to learn from thought leaders from top universities
- Share insights from conferences focused on statistics, machine learning, and data science
What we’re looking for
You’ll do best in this role if you:
- Have a degree in a technical or quantitative disciplines, like statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science (all levels welcome, from bachelor’s to doctorate)
- Demonstrate intermediate skills in at least one programming language (like C, C++, Java, or Python)
- Performed an in-depth research project, examining real-world data
- Are an independent thinker who can creatively approach data analysis and communicate complex ideas clearly
You don’t need a background in finance. It’s nice to have, but more than half of Two Sigma’s employees come from outside the finance industry. If you’ve got the quantitative skills, we can teach you the financial aspects of the job.
Ready to apply?
If this sparks your interest, let’s connect.