Quantitative Research Associate
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking equally empirical and imaginative thinkers to join our team. Scientists in the truest sense, our quantitative research associates navigate the full research process. You will explore a breadth of challenges, in pursuit of a mission that entails:
- Developing trading strategies, from idea generation and data collection to analysis and model creation;
- Applying quantitative techniques and market intuition to large, often novel or unconventional, datasets and cultivate areas of expertise along the way;
- Advancing existing initiatives and opening opportunities to pursue new, previously unexplored research topics.
- A bachelor's degree from a top university.
- Intermediate programming skills (Java, C, or C++).
- Scripting knowledge (Unix or Perl).
- Experience tackling in-depth research projects.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- We are open-minded in considering those interested in the data-rich financial markets and quantitative trading.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, we will certainly consider exceptional candidates without a background in finance.