Quantitative Researcher - Accounting and Fundamentals
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Closely work with partner teams within Two Sigma to source, onboard, and normalize data necessary for alpha modeling
- Collaborate with partner teams to design the processes and platforms to ensure quality of on-going data ingestion and normalization and enable a multi-faceted research agenda on accounting and fundamentals data
- Apply rigorous scientific research methodologies to convert economically-inspired hypotheses into data-driven systematic alpha models
- Serve as the firm’s expert on quantitative research topics around accounting and fundamentals and enable collaborations with other research groups
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with fundamental analysis and working with accounting and related data
- Intermediate skills in at least one programming language (like C, C++, Java, or Python)
- Experience performing an in-depth research project, examining real-world data
- Ability to think independently and creatively approach data analysis and communicate complex ideas clearly
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.