Quantitative Researcher - Internship
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking empirical and imaginative thinkers to join our team. Scientists in the truest sense, our Quantitative Research Associates navigate the full research process. You will explore a breadth of challenges, in pursuit of a mission that entails:
- Developing trading strategies, from idea generation and data collection to analysis and model creation;
- Applying quantitative techniques and market intuition to large, often novel or unconventional, datasets and cultivate areas of expertise along the way;
- Advancing existing initiatives and opening opportunities to pursue new, previously unexplored research topics.
The internship program lasts 10 weeks in the summer and takes place at our Soho-based, New York City office. You will partner with an assigned mentor and work on a single project during the course of your time here, which will culminate in a final presentation at the conclusion of the program.
Interns will have the chance to attend all Two Sigma events, from brown bag lunch talks to our ongoing series of guest speakers. We’ll also host special intern-specific events so that you can get to know other Two Sigma employees and explore all that surrounding New York City has to offer.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other technical and quantitative disciplines from a top university. For internship roles, undergraduate or graduate students with approximately one year remaining in their academic programs.
- Intermediate programming skills (Java, C, or C++) & scripting languages (Perl, Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience tackling in-depth research projects.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, we will certainly consider exceptional
- Candidates without a background in finance.