Quantitative Researcher, Structured Credit
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking an exceptional quantitative researcher with a strong background in data analysis, statistical methods and financial markets to join our team. In this role, you will navigate the full research process and design sophisticated models to trade securities in the structured credit and loans markets.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Developing systematic trading strategies, from idea generation and data collection to analysis and model creation.
- Applying advanced modeling techniques and market knowledge to large, novel or unconventional data sets.
- Opening opportunities to pursue previously unexplored research topics.
You should possess the following qualifications
· An excellent academic record with a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Strong programming skills (Python).
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to tackle in-depth research projects and communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Innate curiosity, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Prior experience in the structured credit, loans or CLOs is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.