Quantitative Researcher in Machine Learning
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
When you work with us, you get to tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’re doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to work with these organizations.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Use a rigorous scientific method to develop sophisticated trading models and shape our insights into how the markets will behave
- Apply machine learning to a vast array of datasets
- Create and test complex investment ideas and partner with our engineers to test your hypotheses
- Join our reading circles to stay up to date on the latest research papers in your field
- Attend academic seminars to learn from thought leaders from top universities
- Share insights from conferences focused on statistics, machine learning, and data science
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, like statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science (all levels welcome, from bachelor’s to doctorate)
- Intermediate skills in at least one programming language (like C, C++, Java, or Python)
- Understanding of the ins and outs of machine learning algorithms—and can tweak them as needed
- Experience with applied machine learning to real-world datasets
- Published your work in journals and/or have presented at conferences
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.