Quantitative Software Engineer: AlphaStudio
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
AlphaStudio is an early-stage cross-cutting Modeling and Engineering team that aims to tap into the quantitative insights of top global data science talent to boost internal R&D. To this end, we’re building a cloud-based online research platform, as well as the tools required to generate cutting-edge research on this platform at scale—with the goal of creating a world-class, scalable environment for the scientific prediction of economic outcomes. We’re looking for strong and motivated Engineers eager to join our startup-like environment. Learn more about AlphaStudio at https://alphastudio.com/
We are seeking an exceptional technologist with advanced mathematical and statistical abilities to join our team. Equal parts code expert and mathematical thinker, the right Engineer will bring together technical and analytical expertise to build the tools that will bring our research to life. This is a critical role within an internal start-up at Two Sigma that will deliver significant impact to our business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Build APIs and libraries that conduct quantitative and statistical analysis to test hypotheses and identify correlations
- Collaborate with research managers and product managers to come up with product features that would accelerate research
- Apply critical thinking skills to solving multi-faceted business problems using Cloud Technologies.
- Develop, summarize and communicate technical reports and key product and platform features to partners and management
- Monitor performance and risk of various product and platform features and help improve them
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the team by bringing in new insights and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
- Mentor other team members
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a technical or quantitative discipline
- Exceptional programming skills in Python. Experience in R, Java or C++ is a plus
- Strong numerical programming skills using technologies such as pandas, numpy, scipy, or scikit learn
- Experience with scientific computing, data structures, and algorithm development
- Interest in building large-scale, distributed applications and end-to-end quantitative solutions
- Experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques to predictive modeling is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.