Quantitative Software Engineer - Campus Hire
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking exceptional technologists with advanced mathematical and statistical abilities to join the Research team as Quantitative Software Engineers. Equal parts code experts and mathematical thinkers, our quantitative software engineers bring together technical and analytical expertise to grapple with difficult computational and data-related problems directly and implement efficient and innovative solutions. Entailing a sophisticated knowledge of algorithms, statistics, and high-performance computing, this effort has attracted ACM programming competition finalists, Top Coder contenders, and other highly technical, competitive problem solvers.
Quantitative software engineers are responsible for bringing our wealth of ideas to fruition by:
- Designing and implementing trading strategies;
- Building the tools and engines that bring our platforms and models to life.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university.
- Intermediate/strong programming skills (Java, C, or C++) & scripting languages (Perl, Python, UNIX shell).
- Experience with scientific computing, algorithm development, or pattern recognition.
- A background or interest in building large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications is desired.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, we will certainly consider exceptional candidates without a background in finance.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.