Quantitative Software Engineer, Feature Modeling Analytics
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a feature modeling analytics engineer to bootstrap our next-generation data infrastructure platform. The role spans the full spectrum of the data analytics workflow and the full software development stack. We are constantly looking to push the envelope on intuitive high-performance data analytics, leveraging leading-edge storage & query execution engines. You will see the impact of your work immediately as we ship things quickly, with a focus on continuous integration, regression testing, and continuous deployment. Given the heavy amount of experimentation and compressed product lifecycles, the role requires a passion for getting hands-on with data, an obsession with performance & utilization metrics, and a rigorous attention to detail. You will be involved in:
- Data curation & analysis leveraging Python modules including:
- Back-end development around technologies including Apache Spark, Impala, Kylin and similar emergent fast-OLAP systems,
- Front-end visualization & UX using libraries such as Flask; Angular/d3/Crossfilter/Cubism/three etc.
- A high impact role that works directly with data scientists, engineers, and quantitative analysts;
- Exposure to deep technical problems, production pipelines, data science, and financial concepts spanning global Equities & Macro instruments.
- Strong coding and algorithms skills.
- Passion for tacking big data challenges.
- Familiarity with back-end development in Python.
- Experience in distributed computing or front-end development / visualizations a plus.
In this role you’ll be developing technology that will significantly enhance the efficiency of both our research platform and production processes. You’ll have the chance to wear many hats and grow your skill sets, as you work closely with colleagues of diverse roles to drive requirements, implement high-quality solutions, present your work, and brainstorm the next generation of improvements. Most of the work has been in the back-end, but we’re looking for people who want to work on the full stack and are interested in understanding the business in addition to tackling interesting technology challenges.