Quantitative Software Engineer, High Frequency Trading
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking leading software engineers to join our dynamic, fast-paced high frequency team. Equal parts code experts and mathematical thinkers, our quantitative software engineers bring together technical and analytical expertise to grapple with difficult computational and data-related problems directly and implement efficient and innovative solutions. Entailing a sophisticated knowledge of algorithms, statistics, and high-performance computing, this effort has attracted ACM programming competition finalists, Top Coder contenders, and other highly technical, competitive problem solvers.
High frequency quantitative software engineers are responsible for bringing our wealth of ideas to fruition by:
- Leveraging expert knowledge of numerical algorithms, statistical models, grid computing, and other advanced technological methods;
- Building the cutting-edge tools and engines used by our quantitative analysts and high frequency researchers.
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university.
- Strong numerical programming skills.
- Experience with scientific computing, algorithm development, or pattern recognition.
- A background or interest in building large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications is desired.
- Experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded applications using several programming languages including Java and C++.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and UNIX shell.
- While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.