Quantitative Software Engineer: Venn Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Venn is a fast-paced Fintech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to create the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn at http://venn.twosigma.com/.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve product functionalities
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve complex and multi-faceted business problems
- Build and deploy quantitative solutions end to end
- Collaborate with our research partners to expand Venn’s product offerings
- Develop, summarize and communicate technical reports and key quantitative product features to partners and management
- Continuously monitor risks and performances of various quantitative product features
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the team by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
- Mentor junior team members
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience building and delivering quantitative products
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline (math, stats, CS, engineering, etc.)
- Intermediate skills in at least one programming language (eg. Python, Java, C, C++)
- Ability to think independently and creatively approach data analysis and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Prior experience in finance is not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.