Quantitative Software Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking outstanding technologists with advanced mathematical and statistical abilities to join our team. Equal parts code specialists and mathematical problem solvers, our quantitative software engineers bring together technical and analytical expertise to grapple with difficult computational and data-related problems directly and implement efficient and innovative solutions. Entailing a sophisticated knowledge of algorithms, statistics, and high-performance computing, this effort has attracted ACM programming competition finalists, Top Coder contenders, and other highly technical, competitive problem solvers.
Quantitative software engineers are responsible for bringing our wealth of ideas to fruition by:
- Designing and implementing trading strategies;
- Building the tools and engines that bring our platforms and models to life!
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical field.
- Strong programming skills utilizing technologies such as numpy, scipy, or scikit learn.
- Experience with scientific computing and algorithm development.
- A background or interest in building large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications is desired.
- Experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded applications using several programming languages including C++.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.