Quantitative Systems Analyst - Global Live
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
We are looking for a strong problem solver with solid math and technical skill sets to join the Global Live team as a Quantitative Systems Analyst. In this role, you will be tasked with managing and improving various Global Live processes, including developing new tools and automation, performing data analysis tasks, and writing solid and helpful documentation. You will also have the opportunity to become familiar with Portfolio Management at Two Sigma and may increasingly take on formal Bookrunning duties over time.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of markets and aspects of systematic portfolio management to effectively make decisions to support the production trading business. A successful candidate will join the team’s Production Support Rotation which is responsible for responding to real-time escalations from the core trading business.
- Develop and maintain tools and automated reporting and alerts for the Global Live team.
- Create tools for quantitative portfolio analysis and use these tools to prepare, review and present reporting on portfolio risk and performance. Over time, you may take on increasing formal Portfolio Management responsibilities.
- Improve the business by collaborating on initiatives and proactively analyzing data
- Document processes we do manually, with an eye to automation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably in finance
- At a minimum, BA/BS in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline.
- Experience using programming to solve hard problems, preferably using Python
- Some knowledge or demonstrated interest in quantitative trading and portfolio construction
- Interest in the Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Observant, High Attention to Detail
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.