Quantitative Systems Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Equities Forecast Management is looking for an Analyst with hustle: a self-starter with a solutions-driven mindset and the ability to get things done. In this role, you will report directly to the Equities Forecast Manager.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day processes, with an eye toward tool-building and automating workflows as much as possible
- Drive forward progress on EFM’s initiatives by working with partner teams and leading projects to completion
- Perform ad hoc data analyses, and vet and validate data produced by other teams who send to EFM for review
- Identify opportunities to improve the platform and proactively propose, define, and implement these solutions
- Work closely with and learn from members of the EFM team, which includes both portfolio and alpha researchers
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the quantitative investment pipeline from EFM’s unique vantage point at the interface between alpha forecasting and portfolio construction
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience, preferably in quantitative finance
- At minimum, BA/BS in computer science, statistics, or another technical field
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python
- Strong data analysis skills, especially in Pandas
- Strong statistics skills
- Self-starter, can-do attitude, thorough, attentive to detail, strong communicator
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $200,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.