Quantitative Trader - Full-Time Campus Hire - Two Sigma Securities
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
Your career at Two Sigma Securities will start with a combination of a rigorous training led by seasoned traders and engineers and on-desk experience working closely with other experienced professionals. Throughout this process, you will learn about many different aspects of securities pricing, market structure, risk management, and overall quantitative trading approaches. This role is a great opportunity for a self-starter to make a meaningful impact on the business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
Continuously iterate and improve performance of our state of the art trading systems by:
- Oversee operations for the trading and research platforms and manage portfolios in securities such as equities, equity options, futures, & ETFs
- Work closely with quantitative researchers to better understand portfolio risks and develop systematic strategies for pricing and risk management
- Work with the Risk team to guide portfolio through market stress events
- Help build analytical tools to better understand our trading activities and the market opportunities
- Develop processes around data assimilation and analysis to create insight into the firm’s trading and generate ideas for system improvement
- Analyze low latency market microstructure data to gain insight into how our tactics interact with the market and how to improve them further
- Drive platform innovation and experimentation with emerging hardware and software solutions in order to improve performance and eliminate system bottlenecks
- Drive technology adoption across our networking, market data and FPGA teams, helping to direct and prioritize development work
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A degree in an analytical or quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python or another quantitative programming environment
- Thrives in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Displays an ability to manage uncertainty and has strong decision making skills even with sometimes incomplete information
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.