Quantitative Trader: Options and ETFs
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
Two Sigma is seeking an individual to work on a growing trading desk and to collaborate with Engineering and Quantitative teams to trade options.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Risk and position management in compliance with the firm’s risk parameters.
- Trade options on stocks involved in rights issues, takeover speculation, short stock rate changes, spin offs, and going ex-dividends;
- Trade dividend levels by combining real-time market insight with historical date using profit mean payouts;
- Notify management of discrepancies and risk management issues related to positions, Market Making rebates, and dividend tax withholdings;
- Conduct evaluations of various equity and equity derivative portfolios, which involve supervisory functions, algorithm development, research and other projects, intended to expand and improve the firm’s long-term performance.
- Electronic Market Making in all the U.S. option exchanges.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years’ experience in options market making or related field
- 4-5 years trading practices, corporate action risk and pricing, risk management protocol, derivatives market making, algorithm development, monitoring price inputs, trading systems
- Knowledge of pandas, python, and Linux environments.
- Prior experience trading VIX products a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.