RELIABILITY ENGINEER (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
New York, New York, United States
Duties: Maintain and expand the capabilities of Two Sigma’s many and varied Information Technology (IT) systems. Act as a conduit between infrastructure and development teams, being sympathetic to the concerns and priorities of both. Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications. Improve all aspects of software reliability, including better monitoring, capacity planning, alerting, and documentation. Engage with software engineering teams on support issues and improvements to our IT tools, processes, and software. Gather and analyze metrics from operating systems and software applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding. Engineer new IT products and service offerings.
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
Minimum experience required: 2 years of experience as a Technology Analyst and experience using the skills/ technologies listed below.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with host-based networking, Linux/Unix administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, and cloud computing;
- Ability to quickly leverage off-the shelf and open-source systems and utilities to rapidly provision production systems in a variety of domains;
- A proven track record of using technologies to perform automation and using an algorithmic approach to solving problems;
- Understanding of the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, load balancing, and data consistency;
- Ability to profile and debug applications in real time; and experience with CFEngine; and
- Must also pass company’s required skills assessment.