Recruiting Manager, Early Career Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a strong manager to lead our Early Career Engineering Recruiting team. This is a high-functioning team responsible for attracting and assessing junior-level Engineering talent. In this role, you will direct the team’s recruiting strategy while also providing hands-on recruiting for select open roles. You will partner closely with other managers on the Eng Recruiting team to develop and drive a competitive recruitment strategy that aligns with the broader team’s goals. You will have opportunities to participate in and lead cross-functional projects across HR and Engineering.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and direct recruiting strategy for early-career software engineering talent, working in close collaboration and partnership with leaders across Engineering Recruiting and Engineering
- Oversee various projects and process improvement initiatives, including improving the overall recruitment process and how we attract and assess early-career talent
- Review and QA your team’s offer submissions to maintain our high-quality bar for talent and ensure submissions are free of errors and ready for review and approval from leadership
- Provide detailed reporting and regular updates to leaders in Recruiting, HR and Engineering
- Coach, mentor, develop and evaluate a team of talented recruiters
- Manage the recruitment process for select open roles, including posting job descriptions, sourcing and reviewing inbound resumes, serving as a point of contact with external and agencies, ushering candidates through the assessment process, and preparing and extending offers
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of progressive experience in technical recruiting or a related field, with at least 2 years of experience leading or managing others
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment with a track record of building effective relationships with cross-functional partners and internal clients at all levels
- A general understanding and interest in basic computer science, software, and technology infrastructure concepts
- Excellent organization and data-driven project management skills
- Proven track record of building diverse pipelines of highlight talented technical talent
- Professional integrity and discretion
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.