New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking to add a highly-motivated and results-oriented functional lead to further our efforts with our external partners. In this role you’ll be helping advance our efforts around discovering value in the world’s evolving and dynamic data landscape with a specific focus on program development and talent management. The ideal candidate has data and finance industry related experience, is entrepreneurial and relationship oriented, and is familiar with navigating regulated environments.
The role involves an ability to identify program development opportunities with our critical and strategic partners and their workforce. It also requires the ability to convert potential and early stage opportunities into high impact and sustainable value. A successful candidate should have a scientist’s orientation towards hypothesis and testing, a business acumen for value and delivery, and a strong sense of empathy and experience in people development. Skills required include relationship management, business development and program creation and management. Execution involves working closely with a range of stakeholders, but predominantly working with management teams. You will be working with a cross-functional, highly team in a collaborative environment.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- You will act as a lead, facilitating relationship development and tighter integration with our key partners in long-term mutually beneficial ways.
- Possess experience working with management teams and operational teams.
- Develop and manage new programs and initiatives for stronger partnership and engagement with our external workforces.
- Partner with teams across Two Sigma to both support and also present your data product ideas
- Collaborate closely on a tight-knit start-up team to shape our foundational platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in a business development, consulting role with operational experience, or product/program management experience
- Prior management and team-building experience as well as a willingness to travel occasionally
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proven ability to take an idea from a blank sheet of paper to execution with high diversity of talent and a history of successes with high quality and timely delivery
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholders
- Humble and a hands on creative problem solver who is highly results oriented
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.