Relationship and Operations Manager, Data
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.
Our Data Engineering organization is looking to add a highly-motivated and results-oriented Relationship Manager, with an additional focus on operational management. The right person will be a creative and thoughtful, cross-functional problem solver with operational experience. You should have a growth mindset, and be comfortable with being very hands on with data and technology. The role is to be both the relationship lead and operational manager.
This Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing relationships and projects with the range of responsibilities including:
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, set up and test new production processes
- Establish a communication cadence and process for stakeholders
- Manage existing processes
- Internal and remote/external stakeholder relationship management and development
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to identify, design, and execute on a wide variety of projects
- Ensure that the relationship is operating efficiently and effectively by adjusting and adapting processes to fit our unique blend of cultures and context
- Think strategically and operationally as part of the overall team as we evolve the nature of our projects (IP sensitive), security, compliance etc.
- Designing appropriate operational metrics and tracking for upward management
- A data and process driven mentality
- Significant professional experience in an external facing capacity (eg. consulting, business development, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proven ability to take an idea from blank sheet of paper, to development of clear and concise recommendation, through to execution
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholders
- Creative problem solving skills focused on results with relentless follow through
- Finance and data analytics domain knowledge a plus
- Programming skills a plus (Python, R, SQL, Java, etc.)