Reliability Engineer - Security Infrastructure
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Security Infrastructure is a Reliability Engineering team responsible for Two Sigma’s most critical and sensitive systems. Our mission is to reliably engineer, design, and operate secure solutions that enhance and protect the company’s technology while meeting adapting business needs.
Our Sec Infra team is growing! We are looking for a reliability engineer who is passionate about building reliable systems and improving our solutions. On our team you will collaborate hand-in-hand with other members of Security Infrastructure, additional teams within Security, and groups across the firm to aid in Security Infrastructure’s mission. As a valued team member you will work with a variety of technologies, including Docker, Postgres, and Kerberos, and across different services. You will also gain exposure to dynamic resource management frameworks (ex: Kubernetes, Docker) and large-scale hybrid cloud computing using public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Improving all aspects of software reliability, including better monitoring, alerting, and documentation
- Facilitating the adoption of reliability engineering best practices and modern technologies by our software and security engineering partner teams
- Developing software for systems, services, tools and libraries integral to the operability of critical internal systems.
- Serving on an on-call rotation investigating and remediating alerts using service specific runbooks
- Participating in and driving team-wide and cross-team efforts to reduce operational load while maintaining high reliability and security
- Collaborating with business partners, software engineers, and security engineers to understand and improve business processes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA in computer science or another technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required; 1-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience working in a software engineering or reliability engineering role working on distributed systems
- Experience with one or more programming languages, Python preferred
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker, GCP, CI/CD practices, Postgres, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Identity systems and technologies, especially Kerberos
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $125,000 and $225,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.