Reliability Engineer - Security Infrastructure
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
The Security Infrastructure team runs the backbone platforms and services that provide critical security capabilities to Two Sigma. Our mission is to reliably engineer, design, and operate secure solutions that enhance and protect the company’s technology. The Security Infrastructure Engineer will report to the manager of Security Infrastructure, and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with groups across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Oversee security’s computing environment and drive continuous improvement through automation and monitoring.
- Take primary ownership of the complete lifecycle of several security products.
- Recommend technological enhancements and lead projects to completion to achieve measurable results.
- Implement best practices with respect to infrastructure management, coding, and documentation.
- Participate in work-day and off-hour support rotation.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience developing infrastructure applications or services in Python or a similar language required.
- Experience using Ansible, or a similar Unix system orchestration application required
- Familiarity with security applications and concepts.
- Familiarity with Docker or similar containerization solutions, and Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Prior experience in a similar Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps, distributed computing, systems engineering/administration, or related function.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.