Reliability Engineer - Test Utilities & Frameworks
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Reliability Engineering - Test Utilities & Frameworks team is in the process of redesigning and automating the testing platform for the core trading system. We are creating frameworks which will increase the confidence that changes made to production can be performed quickly and with low risk. Our goal is to transform the frameworks by using containers and other best-of-breed software practices to thoroughly validate our environment automatically and to introduce a systematic change validation system that will be used for all the components that the trading system relies on, making it available firm-wide. This effort is a multi-year and multi-organizational one. Our success criteria is eliminating the need for manual testing and shifting the focus towards systematic change validation.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Software Engineer to help us design and deliver solid testing services. If you are interested in creating software to help other engineers safely accelerate their releases to production, you will find this role and career opportunity to be exciting and challenging. Our mission is to reduce users’ cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities, and ultimately ensure our platform scales seamlessly with high reliability standards.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop projects using Python, Java, Angular, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Elasticsearch to advance our continuous integration pipeline for the core trading system.
- Help to design and implement our continuous deployment system using Jenkins, Apache Airflow, Python, and Kafka.
- Establish requirements and help build the framework needed to verify that the software products meet them.
- Participate in code and design reviews with engineering teams
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Software Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Production Engineering, or a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C++).
- In-depth professional experience working with microservices, containers, and cloud-first techniques
- A proven track record for driving self-service change control through the proper use of automation.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- New York Office Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, and game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.