Research Business Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for a business manager to join the Research Business Management group. This will be a critical role that will help to drive our strategy forward across multiple key areas. You’ll work with the team lead to determine the group’s key priorities and help eliminate bottlenecks. You’ll collaborate across Research with other team leads and individuals to manage and work towards fulfilling key metrics for the business, as well as working with Engineering partners to help design and align platforms and roadmaps that will increase our modeling productivity.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Help achieve data productivity wins
- Enabling smoother and better access to value-add data
- Decreasing data onboarding turnaround times
- Iterating faster on (larger) datasets
- Partner with others or lead small research projects focused on ML across Techniques
- Manage user feedback and experience around Techniques platforms
- Work on understanding and addressing Techniques specific platforms gaps across common themes and problem areas
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience, based on requirements above
- Advanced degree - Preference for a PhD, Master’s at a minimum
- Python a must, Java would be great too
- Has worked with the usual machine learning / data science packages in Python (pandas, numpy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, sklearn, matplotlib, seaborn, hyperopt, etc.)
- Comfortable working with and talking to junior and senior stakeholders to gather feedback and requirements
- Product and program management experience would be very helpful
- Understands software development life cycles
- Familiarity with different computing architectures. Specifically related to machine learning, GPUs, large data, parallel computing, cloud computing
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.