Risk Officer - Two Sigma Securities
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Securities is seeing a Risk Officer to help manage risk for its growing businesses. The Risk Officer will be accountable for both day-to-day and strategic risk management of Two Sigma Securities trading risks, with primary oversight of market and counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk and reputational risk. The Risk Officer will report into the Chief Operating Officer. The Risk Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the risk management systems operate in a manner to effectively identify, evaluate, monitor, and control risk;
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining appropriate risk metrics and limits by developing and operating procedures for reviewing, documenting and approving changes to these limits, and taking action in relation to breaches of these limits;
- Developing comprehensive risk reporting for regular presentation to the TSS CEO;
- Evaluating business unit operations to identify potential areas of risk and aiding management in developing and implementing corrective actions to address identified risk issues;
- Assisting the CCO in liaising with regulatory authorities, and resolving the issues identified in regulatory examination reports as needed;
- Developing a multi-year plan to ensure that the firm’s risk infrastructure keeps pace with projected growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a role closely connected to a risk management function in financial markets.
- Strong preference for knowledge and experience in both equities and equity options.
- Solid understanding of financial products, markets, and their associated risks.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build positive working relationships with business groups while maintaining the ability to push back on unacceptable risks.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to respond quickly to time-sensitive issues.
- Prior experience liaising directly with engineering teams a plus.