Risk and Investigative Analytics
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a motivated, hardworking analyst to design automated analytics and oversight for the Risk Analytics team in our Risk Management (Risk) department. You will both support Risk’s existing analyses & processes, as well as propose, develop and deliver new projects.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing and comparing performance of Two Sigma's portfolios
- Thinking critically about portfolio interactions and proposing solutions to mitigate potential unintended interactions
- Estimating, analyzing, and monitoring inputs and outputs of quantitative investment strategies
- Gathering requirements from multiple partner teams and designing, implementing, and testing resulting automated quantitative tools for financial analysis
- Analyzing and building new metrics, dashboards, and tools for the Risk department
This role involves significant quantitative data analysis, running large scale distributed simulations, and maximizing use of technological automation. Familiarity with risk measurement and a broad range of financial instruments is helpful. Key stakeholders will include - CRO, Risk Management and partner teams such as portfolio managers and quantitative modelers.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-7 years relevant data analytics experience with at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in either of: computer science, statistics, math, or other engineering field
- Demonstrated experience with unix, scripting languages and/or data analysis tools Python, Java, or equivalent
- Experience on projects involving time series analysis/data modeling, software development/automation and stakeholder engagement and communication
- Experience developing/managing/delivering small to medium-sized quantitative and/or technology projects with multiple stakeholders is a plus
- Strong communication skills, including ability to clearly and effectively communicate with pure quants, engineers, as well as project managers and senior management
- Ability to think & work independently. Comfortable with ambiguous project scopes & definitions
- Can quickly learn about existing practices/methodologies/processes or lack thereof, think creatively & strategically, propose enhancements/solutions and deliver concrete resulting products/processes to stakeholders
- Willingness and excitement to learn unfamiliar quantitative subjects or tools/technologies, as required on the job
- Interest to learn deeper knowledge of risk management including various aspects of financial risk, risk related to automated trading strategies, technology risk, legal & regulatory risk
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, self-awareness, humility, confidence without ego
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.