Sales and Relationship Manager, Insurtech - Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
We are hiring a Sales Relationship Manager to join our growing Customer Development Team! This role will be at the forefront of our sales efforts, working with early stage prospects to qualify, find specific sales opportunities, and work with the head of sales to close business. This hire will tap into their experience in commercial insurance and underwriting to help drive lead generation and accelerate the development of particular sales opportunities. Because of the extensive nature of the solutions TSIQ is bringing to market, the expectation is that the early partnerships we form will be the source of additional revenue opportunities as we execute on our product strategy. A critical goal for this role is to help build out our existing client base to support long-term growth and success of the business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Significant involvement in sales and new business development focused on innovative technology used in commercial insurance underwriting: helping to drive targeted sales campaigns, qualifying a firm to assess its desire to engage in a sales engagement
- Helping to drive the growth of the sales pipeline with a focus on finding opportunities at qualified prospects, identifying the key partners for the sales opportunity, and understanding the challenges and goals of these underwriting prospects and how they marry up to the value of the TSIQ solution set
- Use their underwriting and insurance domain experience to work with product teams to inform strategy and build and help sales on solution designing
- Identifies ways to connect multiple partners based on potential opportunities for collaboration
- Proactively assesses sophisticated needs of our commercial insurance prospects/clients/partners and anticipates potential situations of high sensitivity
- Ability to assess partners and key motivators to inform how the implementation team should engage with new customers
- Utilize knowledge of existing client needs to help upsell & identify new business opportunities with existing customers (focusing on longer term & win-win outcomes)
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience as an underwriter, preferably within multiple commercial lines of business, and across multiple firms with relationships and a network that expands into in the commercial insurance arena
- Experience at these firms should have an emphasis on exposure to underwriting technology and interacting with various data sets to drive underwriting decisions
- Experience with either insurance software implementations or SaaS workflow/analytics implementations
- Ability to thrive in a multifaceted environment that requires reliability, proactive thinking, problem solving, and a sense of ownership and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences
- Understand how to clearly and concisely identify and frame problems, separate issues, and expose the underlying difficulties
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills; ability to prioritize, adjust and course correct as necessary
- Cross team collaboration and relationship building, including: building consensus, and resolving disagreements when necessary
- Utilize data to gain insights, find opportunities and build consensus
- Ability to practice risk management, engage key risk partners, and optimally raise issues that create business, technical, operational, and project risk
- Identify and resolve gaps for ensuring successful and on-time releases
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.