New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
TSIQ is looking to add an experienced Agile Scrum Master to our growing organization! The person in this role will partner with Product and Engineering leads to manage execution and delivery for various cross functional execution teams within the Product Delivery organization. Additionally, they will be expected to partner with the Client Implementation team to understand, plan and manage against any agreed upon client specific deliverables.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrated history of leadership and success in leading cross functional agile teams
- Coach the team in Scrum/Scaled Agile practices and values in an effort to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Facilitate all team Scrum ceremonies (grooming, planning, standups, retrospectives etc)
- Experience using traditional scrum techniques to define and monitor team capacity and burndown progress. Use that data to drive team awareness and improvements.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving
- Actively participate in Scrum-of-Scrum(SOS) meetings to escalate/mitigate risks and manage dependencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences
- Strong judgement and decision making skills; ability to guide teams to re-prioritize, adjust and course correct as necessary to support defined team missions and objectives
- Ability to practice risk management (engage key risk partners to effectively escalate issues that create business, technical, operational, and delivery risk) while balancing business needs with identified constraints
- Ability to guide teams through quarterly planning, estimating and OKR definition/tracking
- Participate in, and contribute to process definitions and improvements
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree: BA/BS; technical degree preferred
- 4-8 years of combined Scrum Master and/or technical Project Management experience
- Highly proficient in productivity and collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Strong technical, product, and business communication skills
- Knowledge of product development and SDLC process and lifecycles
- Experience building enterprise-scale products, in the insurance space a plus
- Experience within a startup environment a plus
- Clear bias for action, with a collaborative, no-ego approach
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.