New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
We are seeking an experienced Security Engineer and Architect, with broad and deep experience across computer science and business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Providing design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology at Two Sigma;
- Defining security policy and overseeing its execution;
- Assessing and mitigating security risk associated with new and existing systems;
- Threat and risk modeling.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
- At minimum 4 years of experience in information technology security.
- Demonstrable and detailed understanding of cryptography, network security, operating systems, and PKI infrastructure and implementation.
- Experience with securing micro-services architecture, containers, and related technologies is preferred
- Experience (need not be recent) as a software developer.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and physical security.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.