Senior Associate, Investment Team, Two Sigma Real Estate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Real Estate (“TSRE”) believes that the combination of deep real estate industry expertise and Two Sigma’s technology will be a powerful driver of better investment outcomes. We will maintain a flexible investment mandate to maximize our ability to pursue assets supported by data science research.
TSRE seeks to add an Associate to join our investment team. In this role, you will drive the execution of real estate investments while partnering with the data science team on research. Candidates should be collaborative and excited to be a "hands-on" business builder. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Drive deal execution throughout each phase of the investment process (underwriting, structuring, due diligence, financing, closing, asset management, sale)
- Lead underwriting analysis and preparation of investment committee materials
- Collaborate with and provide input for the data science team on research
- Support the growth of TSRE through business development initiatives
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 - 4 years of direct real estate private equity investing or investment banking experience
- Consistent track record of supporting the execution of complex real estate investments
- Excellent real estate asset underwriting and modeling skills; across a range of sectors, locations, and risk profiles
- A passion for investing and an ability to learn quickly and proactively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Excel; familiarity with ARGUS
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in a technical field; advanced degree welcomed
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.