Senior Client Platforms Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Client Platforms Engineering team is a systems team that focuses on developing integrated desktop and mobile devices, applications, data, and connectivity for Two Sigma employees, allowing them to be highly productive irrespective of location or connectivity options and availability. The Client Platform Engineering team interacts with all business units within the firm globally to understand and capture their varied needs. Engineers within the team have deep and broad skillsets covering hardware, operating systems, VDI, application packaging, application virtualization, security, networking, device management and configuration, scripting, and automation.
As a Senior Client Platforms Engineer, you will serve as the lead architect, developing thin and fit desktop and mobile clients, leveraging expertise in build and configuration automation of Windows 10, OS X, Linux, iOS, and Android-based devices and associated applications. You will have the remit to select, evaluate and deploy the products and methodologies that are most suitable – some of which are currently technologies such as Citrix VDI, App-V, Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM/Azure Pack, Hyper-V/VirtualBox, Intune, and other mobile device management products. A product mindset is a must – you will need to understand our varied user base and devise computing products that will meet and exceed their expectations. You will need to manage your own projects, collect requirements, develop business cases, and be meticulous in documentation. Collaborating with other teams such as Infrastructure, Security, Network Engineering, Support, Operations, and other related groups is of utmost importance. This will enable you to develop client platforms that are feature rich, secure, easy to manage, operate and support, and most importantly, are catered to the needs of the employees.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- 3+ years’ experience building and managing client platforms
- 3+ years’ experience in development, scripting and automation using PowerShell, C#, Ruby, Python
- Well versed in Windows 10 desktop and laptop build and configuration
- Experienced in Windows 10 networking, DirectAccess, IPSEC/MacSec VPN
- Experience with Windows 10 security, Rights Management, and data leak prevention methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Citrix VDI/VDA, UPM, offline folders, Sharepoint/OneDrive for business, App-V, InTune/other MDM, and SCCM
- Experience with Windows 10 and OS X based hypervisors such as VirtualBox, Hyper-V, or VMWare
- Experience with Active Directory, ADFS, and GPO’s
- Experience with Linux and Mac OS X as desktop operating systems and IOS and Android as mobile operating systems