Senior Corporate Actions Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our Asset Servicing team, performing vital corporate action support functions and participating in initiatives to strengthen our core businesses.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage the event scrubbing/data comparison of mandatory & voluntary events for global equities and fixed income products.
- Coordinate the workflow of voluntary event elections between internal and external stakeholders, including portfolio managers and prime brokers/custodians, while adhering to established controls & procedures.
- Monitor, research, and interpret moderately intricate to complex events, including mergers, bankruptcies, & tender events.
- Provide support and corporate actions analysis for business expansions as well as enhancements to existing operational platforms.
- Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries on reorg and income events from internal business groups, administrators, and external counterparties.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 8 or more years of Asset Servicing experience at an investment bank, fund administrator, and/or investment manager.
- In-depth knowledge of global voluntary & mandatory corporate action lifecycle concepts and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income, equity, and equity derivative products.
- Exceptional attention to details and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the suite of corporate action SWIFT message types.
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in finance or economics).
- Ability to develop relationships and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Data analytical and visualization skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies/trends).
- Extensive experience with MS Office.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.