Senior Financial Analyst - Global Real Estate & Workplace Services
New York, New York, United States
This position supports the SVP in their role as the business partner to the Real Estate and Workplace Services organization. As such, this position is directly responsible for partnering to deliver department strategy to ensure the timely and accurate creation of budgets and forecasts which will be used for informed decision making and in providing accurate external financial guidance. Utilizes models to generate annual operating plans as well as an 18 month rolling forecast. Complete critical financial analyses that support Two Sigma’s position in negotiating new leases and developing real estate assets. Support capital project requests, building business cases and support contract/purchasing negotiations. Track and report on division headcount and productivity. Identify and aide in delivery of revenue and cost initiatives.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to lead an important role within our Workplace Services + Real Estate organization. The Financial Analyst is responsible for portfolio management and reporting, transaction management, construction management, and general real estate processes and policy for our leased office space across the globe. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Real Estate + Workplace Services, the successful candidate will be a key contributor performing financial analysis supporting strategic real estate initiatives.
Position responsibilities to include:
- Generate complex financial models in support of strategic and tactical projects and transactions
- Evaluate lease structures, building options, and financing alternatives to model and analyze various scenarios for office acquisitions, relocations and consolidations.Monitor and track real estate assets and partner with the Workplace Services team to review subleases, lease buyouts, terminations and other disposition strategies, as well as calculate financial impacts from both a cash and financial statement perspective
- Perform analysis and provide guidance to senior management on sale of owned real estate assets, including sale-leaseback transactions
- Perform ad-hoc strategic and financial analyses and research assignments related to corporate finance special projects
- Prepare deliverables for executives in both Excel and PowerPoint for various purposes
- Successful candidate will have continuous process improvement mindset, and would be empowered to drive efficiencies through change
- Solid understanding of key financial concepts, including time value of money, IRR, NPV, and ROI; ability to apply this knowledge to complex transaction modeling of fully integrated financial statements
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with complex spreadsheets. Experience with VBA preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data, including financial statement analysis
- Ability to gather, synthesize, and analyze large amounts of data and communicate relevant findings
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Proactive and goal-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Consultative, service-oriented mindset
- Outstanding oral communication, written, and presentation skills