Senior Front-End Engineer: TSIQ
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the architecture and development of our React.js front-end applications, as well as our GraphQL backend services.
- Work within a highly collaborative cross-discipline environment, contributing your knowledge and expertise to the broader goals of the organization
- A high impact role that works directly with business and analysts.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years of proven experience developing web applications.
- Outstanding coding ability.
- Experience with backend Node.js/GraphQL server technologies is a major plus.
- BS/BA or higher degree in a technical field.
- An obsession with building quality software.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.