Senior NLP Engineer - Complex Events Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Complex Events Engineering is looking for a lead NLP engineer to help build a world-class platform for conversational research. Our team’s vision is to collect, organize, and monetize the world’s unstructured data, including news, social media, television, and regulatory filings. To that end, we develop:
- A platform for interactive research, backed by a one-petabyte corpus of unstructured data.
- A system for automatic signal mining, evaluating tens of thousands of experiments every day.
- NLP services. NLP is central to our work, and we use a variety of techniques, from sentiment analysis to word embeddings, across our research tools and production pipelines.
- Data pipelines, delivering millions of events to production systems every day.
We work closely with our partners in Research, making this position a strong choice for anybody looking to leverage solid NLP and software engineering skills in an area close to the firm’s core business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Help set the overall direction of our NLP efforts.
- Identify and adapt cutting-edge NLP techniques to match our data and problems.
- Implement and maintain NLP services, data pipelines, and other products.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience applying NLP in the industrial or academic setting.
- At least 3 years of engineering experience in an NLP, machine learning, or data domain.
- Knowledge of modern NLP techniques (such as embeddings) and model architectures (such as transformers).
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.