Senior Network Engineer
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking world-class Senior Network Engineers from a broad range of backgrounds to join the team which supports the backbone of Two Sigma. In this role, you will face a wide array of technical challenges that greatly impact our business, some of the responsibilities include:
- Conducting regularly scheduled capacity assessment for various products.
- Project management of design, evaluation, expansion, optimization and retirement initiatives across the product portfolio.
- Troubleshooting complex latency and/or performance issues.
- Employing innovative thought and automation to improve the workflow, efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Identifying technology gaps and developing solutions collaboratively.
- Identifying new technologies to improve feature offerings to customers.
- Creating and managing the roadmap for one or more Network products.
- Attending regularly scheduled alignment meetings with customers and vendors of various products.
- Collaborating frequently with external teams to ensure Two Sigma’s best practices are being considered for all design initiatives.
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline.
- 7 or more years in an active Engineering role for a corporate/large institution mission-critical network.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of the protocols within the TCP/IP product suite.
- Robust theoretical and practical experience with BGP, OSPF and PIM Multicast.
- Good understanding of DWDM and Layer 2 technologies.
- Solid understanding of Network security protocols.
- Solid knowledge of QoS and queuing theory.
- Ability to conduct detailed packet capture level analysis.
- Familiarity with classic network monitoring protocols (netflow, sflow, snmp) and tools.
- Scripting ability and experience with configuration management tools like Ansible desirable
- Experience running large, scalable corporate WiFi networks
- Ability to manage large scale Engineering projects independently.
- Experience in an internal or external customer-facing operations team with strict SLAs and performance metrics.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Excellent and rapid network troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with other Infrastructure Teams and Developers across the firm.