Senior Network Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Network Engineering team designs, deploys and manages the mission critical network environment for Two Sigma. We leverage highly scalable automation and the latest generation technologies, while delivering on security, stability, reliability, and capacity
We are searching for a Senior Network Engineer to continue our tradition of innovation and excellence.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect level planning and implementation for complex network designs. Manage several simultaneous projects from conception through implementation, ensuring consensus with a number of technical stakeholders.
- Partner with vendors to select appropriate technical solutions.
- Contribute to standards and design patterns. Deliver solutions tailored to internal business requirements. Articulate design rationale, flexibly adapt solutions, and iterate designs when required.
- Develop specific multi-year roadmaps for solutions in the Enterprise network. Develop state of the art technology appropriate to deliver stable and scalable technical solutions.
- Mentor and train colleagues in complex network topics.
- Participate in escalation and periodic on call support.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5 or more years of experience in routing and switching technologies, and network hardware. Detailed knowledge of network (BGP,OSPF), transport (TCP,UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTPS, DNS, DHCP).
- Familiarity with enterprise networking technologies such as load balancers, corporate WiFi. and similar technologies.
- Experience in automation and software in network infrastructure, such as Python, Ansible, Git, or other technologies.
- Strong plus for additional experience in low latency trading, including the use of low latency network devices, FPGA, DWDM/dark fiber, multicast, wireless/radio technologies, and experience in financial trading applications and market data.
- Strong plus for additional experience in enterprise security, such as zero trust networks, network access control, next generation firewalls, and related.
- Strong plus for additional experience in networking in public cloud/hyperscalers, including infrastructure as code, complex network designs for multi-region cloud implementations, and specific techniques used with Google GCP, Amazon AWS, or Azure networks.
- Ability to make decisions with limited information. Ability to act independently and manage project milestones and deliverables.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.