Senior Paralegal, Private Investments
New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital, LP (“Sightway”), a Two Sigma company, is a private investment firm focused on middle market growth equity investing. The firm employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach in its efforts to build business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners, largely in financial services (including, specialty lending) and real assets (including natural resources and transportation). Two Sigma Ventures, LP (“Ventures”), is a venture capital investment firm focused on early-stage investments in operating companies utilizing advanced science, technology, computing, engineering, and/or mathematics to innovate in their selected market. Sightway and Ventures each registered independently as investment advisers in 2018 after conducting business for the five prior years as the private investments and venture capital divisions of Two Sigma Investments, LP.
Sightway and Ventures (“Private Investments”) are looking to add a Senior Paralegal to its growing team. In this role, you will support the Private Investments in-house attorneys (and the Private Investments operations, capital development and investment professionals) in the formation, structuring, marketing, negotiation, consummation, governance and administration of the private funds and investment vehicles managed by Sightway and Ventures and the portfolio transactions consummated by such funds and vehicles. This position is ideal for a candidate looking for a career in the legal support industry.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating formation, qualification and dissolution of legal entities.
- Preparing organizational and governance documents from precedents, including operating agreements, resolutions, consents, incumbency certificates, transfer agreements, etc.
- Assisting with closings of transactions and funds, including by preparing resolutions and ancillary documentation from precedents, completing subscription agreements, maintaining closing checklists, coordinating execution of documents and preparing closing sets.
- Managing and maintaining complete legal Books and Records, including by collecting, organizing and tracking legal documentation, investor details and other institutional information and drafting minutes of board and committee meetings.
- Developing, refining, maintaining, memorializing and implementing processes, procedures, guidelines and best-practices for legal operations and administration.
- Overseeing legal entity maintenance, including relationships with registered agents across multiple jurisdictions, and managing legal entity jurisdictional filings and licenses.
- Collaborating with outside counsel and Accounts Payable team and interacting with payment software to ensure the timely processing and payment of legal invoices.
You should possess the following responsibilities:
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations and time in a fast-paced environment with shifting demands.
- Proactive and motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and escalating issues when and if necessary.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both formal and informal.
- Computer savvy, especially with Microsoft Office; experience with NetDocuments, iManage or similar document management software a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, legal secretary or administrative assistant in a law firm or corporate setting with a focus on transactional/corporate law. Previous experience working at an investment advisor is a plus.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves