Senior Recruiter, Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We’re seeking an experienced Recruiter to join our Modeling and Trading Recruiting team supporting the Two Sigma Investment Management business. Reporting to our Head of Quantitative Recruiting this pivotal role will be responsible for identifying and hiring Quantitative Researchers, Data Scientists, Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Quantitative Software Engineers. In this capacity you will drive recruitment strategy and partner with business leaders to identify, evaluate and attract outstanding talent coming from both academia and cross industry verticals.
Candidates should be proven collaborators who are excited to be part of a client-centric team. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own the full-cycle recruitment process to meet hiring goals, including crafting and executing sourcing and research strategies to identify high potential Quantitative Research and Trading talent for Two Sigma’s immediate and long-term needs
- Establish consultative relationships with HR Business Partners and leaders across our Engineering, developing a deep understanding of their strategic objectives and hiring needs
- Partner with Hiring Managers to develop effective candidate assessment frameworks, including facilitating interviews and leading calibration and hiring discussions
- Drive the offer process, including preparing offer packets for review and approval, communicating offers, and developing effective close strategies
- Track and analyze relevant metrics to provide data-driven insights to stakeholders across the organization and within the HR team
- Represent Two Sigma and the recruiting team, both internally and externally, serving as a brand ambassador and evangelist
- Lead and participate in cross-functional, ad-hoc projects as needed and assigned
- Build and cultivate relationships with external search firms to identify talent directly in the Quantitative Trading and Research space
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record;
- A minimum of 7 years of hands-on recruiting experience within dynamic, fast-paced environments;
- Prior experience recruiting within High-Frequency Trading (HFT), recruiting agency or executive search firm is helpful;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Broad knowledge of the securities/market making space, technology, and finance industries is strongly desired, but not required;
- Ability to exercise discretion and work independently;
- Analytically minded, metrics driven, organized approach to recruiting;
- Strong client relationship building and networking abilities;
- Aptitude and interest for learning new businesses and technologies;
- Partnering with our teams to develop tools, systems and products responsible for increasing productivity and efficiency across the organization.
- Proven track record for building and supporting high growth, robust teams in a fast paced environment.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.