Senior Recruiter, Quantitative Strategies & Research
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking an experienced recruiter to join our quantitative recruiting team. Reporting to our Head of Quantitative Recruiting this pivotal role will be responsible for identifying and hiring Quantitative Analysts (Strats), Data Scientists, Portfolio Managers, Traders, and Quantitative Software Engineers. Key technical attributes include: predictive modelling & analytics, signal and alpha research, securities market making, portfolio optimization & construction and asset allocation.
In this capacity you will be responsible for driving recruitment strategy and partnering with our senior leaders to attract and hire some of the most exceptional quantitative research investment management professionals around the globe. This role is ideal for a senior recruiter with 7+ years’ experience that seeks intellectual challenge and is looking to expand their technical knowledge and become an industry expert in ‘Big Data’ talent.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Partnering with HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers to understand and define hiring needs and goals;
- Partnering with Hiring Managers to design effective and calibrated interview processes;
- Taking ownership for relevant candidate pipelines and continuing to develop them through various sourcing methods including direct applicants, employee referrals, use of agencies when appropriate, campus recruiting, etc.;
- Seeking out, developing, and executing new and innovative sourcing strategies;
- Facilitating hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers;
- Driving the offer process, generating offer documents, and closing candidates;
- Keeping stake holders apprised of search status by maintaining high quality data reports and performance metrics;
- Representing Two Sigma’s mission, brand, and hiring goals internally and externally;
- Acting as the external-facing eyes and ears for other internally focused HR and business groups; actively collecting, interpreting, and distributing useful market data and intelligence.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record;
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on recruiting experience within dynamic, fast-paced environments;
- Prior experience working at a recruiting agency or executive search firm is strongly desired;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Broad knowledge of technology and finance industries is strongly desired, but not required;
- Ability to exercise discretion and work independently;
- Analytically minded, metrics driven, organized approach to recruiting;
- Strong client relationship building and networking abilities;
- Aptitude and interest for learning new businesses and technologies;
- Proven capability to develop and execute high quality recruiting programs and operational processes;
- Proven track record for building and supporting high growth, high performing teams in a fast paced environment.