Senior Security Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
The Security Incident Response team (SIR) oversees the detection, investigation, and response to all cybersecurity-related events at Two Sigma. Our mission is to protect the company and its assets from all threats. The Security Analyst will report to the manager of Security Incident Response, and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with groups across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define, detect, and analyze technical indicators and anomalous events to assess risks and potential threats to the firm.
- Analyze and query logs and other data feeds to identify malicious or anomalous activity using automated techniques.
- Recommend and implement additional data sources to improve security observability.
- Develop metrics to uncover impactful findings and deliver clear, data-driven assessments of incident detection and remediation.
- Provide functional guidance, recommendations, and direction to Security and our partners on technical risk reduction.
- Plan and conduct simulated response scenarios and exercises with our partners throughout the company.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field
- 5+ years of relevant security experience
- Experience with SIEM products, including log collection, query, and analysis techniques required
- Experience with analytical tools/methodologies required (SQL & GCP experience preferred).
- Forensic investigation and python scripting experience preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.