Senior Software Engineer: Cloud Integration
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Storage at Two Sigma empowers hundreds of workflows across research, simulation and live-trading. We are evolving our storage infrastructure to meet the continuous growth of our business while continuing to build fast, performant, and scalable data access.
We are seeking a talented senior software engineer for the Cloud Storage Integration team. The team is responsible for expanding Two Sigma's storage infrastructure into a cloud-first and hybrid-cloud environment. As a senior engineer on the team, you will have an opportunity to solve exciting technical problems at an extensive scale (e.g. hundred PBs of data, billions of requests, etc.), and evaluate and recommend cloud-optimized storage solutions. You will also work closely with senior management to develop junior team members' careers and the team's overall technical roadmap.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating the latest cloud-enabled, open source and vendor storage solutions
- Design and implement features to seamlessly expand existing storage services to be backed by cloud-native services providing the large scale distributed infrastructure to meet Two Sigma’s business needs
- Partner with storage users at Two Sigma to understand product needs and onboard/integrate appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with other storage teams and reliability engineering teams to effectively integrate with existing infrastructure and ensure we meet the team's operability standards
- Monitor and drive down overall Storage costs
- Mentor junior team members on technical skills and career development, keep raising the bar in producing high quality code and delivering solid product/services
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area with 7+ years of experience (or master degree with 5+ years of experience) in the relevant domain
- Strong software engineering skills in developing, testing and troubleshooting code in one and/or more of the following programming languages: Java/C++/Python
- Familiarity with the use of different data stores such as relational database, key-value store, message queue and time-series
- Experience of working on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.